Certified Safety Manager (CSM) - Classroom - October 21-25, 2019 - San Antonio, TX
Certified Safety Manager Course Description:
This Safety Manager Certification is an indication to employers, potential employers, regulatory agencies, and the courts that you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to a level of proficiency expected of a professional who is capable of working with little or no supervision while managing the safety programs, policies, and procedures common to business and industry. You will learn:
• Study of primary workplace safety topics
• How to perform as a safety expert and manager
• How to manage and conduct safety training that changes the way your employees work
• How to save money by developing your own safety programs
• How to avoid civil and criminal liability for accidents/injuries
• How to interpret and apply OSHA regulations
• How to analyze and document workplace hazards
• How to manage workplace safety inspections/audits
• How to investigate, analyze and document workplace accidents
• How to create and manage a successful safety culture
• Click here to see the daily class schedule
Creating a safety culture in the workplace can be difficult. This course will provide the tools necessary to implement proper safety training and an effective safety program. Students will learn how to understand and interpret regulations, avoid civil and criminal liability, increase worker morale, reduce workers comp rates and most importantly, minimize or eliminate injuries in the workplace.
Students will receive:
• Student Reference Manual and Handout Materials
• All 1910 and 1926 CFRs
• Sample Plans and Programs
• Sample Audit and Checklist Forms
• More than 50 Customizable Powerpoints
• Student Outlines, Handouts, and Tests to be Used at Your Facility
Prerequisites and Authorization:
The CSM is a foundational course which requires no prerequisites; however, prior knowledge of workplace safety is highly recommended. Upon completion, a CSM is authorized to teach the following courses by NASP. Click here for details.
Continuing Education Units :
Four (4.0) CEUs are offered for this course. NASP is accredited by the International Association of Continuing Education (IACET) to issue CEUs. These will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam.
Click here to see what our students have been saying about this course.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $395.
The class will be held from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Thursday and Friday 8:00 am with dismissal at 3:00 pm. Lunch will be provided Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, with snacks and refreshments served daily.
Three or more students from the same company will receive a $200 discount per student if they sign up for the same course date and location. (May not combine with other promotional discounts.)
For Information on Additional Course Dates and Locations:
Click here for other 2019 dates and locations.
The host hotel (and training venue) is the Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, the hotel is located at 217 N. St Mary's St, San Antonio, TX 78205. Note, discounted room rates of $149/day (plus taxes and resort fees) are available; upon registration, we will provide a hotel booking link via email, so you may receive the discounted room rate.