Safety Auditor Certificate: Managing Uncertainty within a Dynamic Workforce - Classroom - Feb 18-20, 2020 - Charlotte, NC
Non-member: $1,295 NASP Premium Member $1,150 (Call 1-800-922-2219 for member price)
Who Should Attend:
Staff that are designated with the responsibility of investigating accidents or near misses in the workplace. This course is designed for all levels of management, safety manager, safety practitioners, risk managers, safety committee members, nurses, and individuals responsible for investigating incidents.
Safety Auditor Course Description:
This 3-day course provides an in-depth look at proper incident investigation procedures with emphasis on OSHA inspection priorities, Job Hazard Analysis, Risk Management best practices, and Incident Analysis techniques. The goal of this course is to help participants gain the skills necessary, through an effective incident investigation, to establish a Safety Management System and apply root cause analysis (RCA) to prevent injuries, property damage, and financial loss in your organization.
• What to expect from an OSHA inspection as it pertains to proper incident investigation
• Where incident investigations fall under a vibrant Safety Management System
• How to investigate, analyze, and document workplace incidents
• How to identify root causes using proven techniques (fishbone, 5-whys, Taproot, FMEA and others)
• How to determine the best software for RCA at your facility
• How to develop corrective actions for systemic causes
• How to remove focus from generalization, opinion, and finger-pointing
• How to write an investigation report and develop trend analysis This course will provide the tools necessary to implement proper incident investigations, determine root cause analysis and apply corrective actions. Students will attain universal, valuable skills that will follow you... wherever your career leads.
Students will receive:
• Student Reference Manual and Handout Materials
• All 1910 and 1926 CFRs
• Sample Plans and Programs
• Sample Audit and Checklist Forms
The Safety Auditor Course is a stand-alone course which requires no prerequisites; however, prior knowledge of workplace safety is recommended.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
2.4 CEUs are offered for this course. NASP is accredited by the International Association of Continuing Education (IACET) to issue CEUs. These will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $195.
The class will be held from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday-Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 am with dismissal at 3:00 pm. Lunch will be provided Thursday, with snacks and refreshments served daily.
Three or more students from the same company will receive a $100 discount per student if they sign up for the same course date and location. (May not combine with other promotional discounts.)
For Information on Additional Course Dates and Locations:
Click here for other 2019 dates and locations.
The host hotel (and training venue) is the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Charlotte Airport, the hotel is located at 108 Airport Commons Drive Charlotte, NC 28208.