Join us in the Battleship USS North Carolina for the first HAZWOPER class of 2017!
- Click on ADD TO CART and fill out Payment Information. (You must pay for class in advance to be registered).
- Apply Coupon Code, if applicable.
- If paying with a check and not a credit card, complete registration form and send payment to: NASP/IASP, PO Box 3367, Wilmington NC 28406
- If you are traveling from overseas, you must pay in advance and then you will receive a letter of invitation so you may apply for a VISA. Click here for details.
- Once completed, you will receive confirmation letter via email.
- Click here for details on our cancelation/student transfer policy.
* * * Three or more students from the same company will receive a $300.00/person discount if signing up for the same course and location. * * *
HAZWOPER Train-The-Trainer (HTTT) Course Description
This brand new, state-of-the-art course will cover in detail the regulatory and training requirements of the Hazardous Waste Operation and Emergency Response (29 CFR 1910.120) standard. OSHA states that a measure of the competence of an instructor is the successful completion of a train-the-trainer program with training and experience specific to the topics they will teach. Not only does the course review the various elements of the HAZWOPER standard, there are also demonstrations as well as "hands-on," practical simulations to meet the experiential requirements of the regulation.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in environmental clean up or HAZMAT emergency response will benefit from this course. This includes an Environmental or Safety Director or Manager, Emergency Responder, Incident Commander, Safety Trainer, Plant Manager, Production or Maintenance Manager, Public Works or Utilities Director, Fire Chief, Waste Site Supervisor, Waste Treatment Facilitator, Project Supervisor or TSD Facility Supervisor.
- OSH Act, CERCLA/SARA, RCRA and Others
- Interrelation of OSHA, EPA and DOT
- Terms and Concepts
- SDS Review & Hazard Labeling Systems
- Routes of Entry & Dose/Response Relationship
- Toxic Effects of Exposure
WRITTEN PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- Safety and Health and Emergency Response
- Medical Surveillance, Respirator Programs
- Spill Containment and Contingency Plan
- Types and Measures of Hazards
- Hazard Assessment
- Incidental vs. Emergency Response
- Site Monitoring
- Personal Monitoring
EMERGENCY RESPONSE PROCEDURES
- Recognition and Prevention
- Communications and Security
- Evacuation Routes, Procedures & Safe Distances
- Purpose and Prevention
- Decontamination Methods and Plan
- Disposal Methods
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Developing a PPE Program
- EPA Levels of Protection
- Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Selection, Use, Maintenance and Limitations
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE PROGRAM
- Hazardous Waste Site Workers
- Emergency Responders
- Occupational Exposure
- Monitoring and Exams
- Lifestyle Risk Factors
- Learning Objectives
- Training and Testing Methodology
- Training Adult Learners
- Learning Styles
- Instructional Strategies
- OSHA Training Guidelines (Appendix E)
MITIGATION OF HAZARDS
- Fire and Explosion Hazards
- Confined Space Entry and Rescue
- Mechanical, Physical, Electrical
- Noise, Biologic, and Temperature Extremes
- Medical First Aid and Treatment
- Bloodborne Pathogens
SPILL AND LEAK CONTROL
- Drum Plugging and Patching
- Bulk and Pressurized Containers
- Incident Command System
Students will Receive:
- Reproducible Student Reference Manual
- 2016 Emergency Response Guidebook
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
- Sample Plans, Programs, Audits and Checklists
- Eight complimentary training videos
- 16 Customizable PowerPoints
- Student Outlines, Handouts and Tests to be Used at Your Facility
Upon completion of this course, students will be qualified to train on the following topics:
- HAZMAT EMERGENCY RESPONSE AWARENESS
- HAZMAT EMERGENCY RESPONSE OPERATIONS
- HAZMAT EMERGENCY RESPONSE TECHNICIAN
- HAZMAT EMERGENCY RESPONSE SPECIALIST
- HAZMAT EMERGENCY RESPONSE INCIDENT COMMANDER
- HAZMAT EMERGENCY RESPONSE REFRESHER
- HAZWOPER GENERAL SITE WORKER (24 AND 40 HOUR)
- HAZWOPER GENERAL SITE WORKER SUPERVISOR
- HAZWOPER GENERAL SITE WORKER REFRESHER
- HAZWOPER FOR TSD FACILITIES
- HAZARD COMMUNICATION AND GHS
- DOT HM 126 AWARENESS
- PPE AND RESPIRATORY PROTECTION
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $495.
Through the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, 4 CEUs are offered for this course. If you are interested in receiving CEUs for this course, upon successful completion of the exam, please either download the form and instructions here or obtain the form and instructions from a Member Services Representative by calling 800-922-2219 or clicking here.
For Information on Additional Course Dates and Locations:
Click here for a complete listing of scheduled courses.
The host hotel is the Holiday Inn Wilmington. The hotel is located at 5032 Market Street. For booking call the Holiday Inn today to reserve your spot before its too late: (910) 392-1101.